Tuesday, May 15, 2012

New Start, New Ideas

Since I'm pretty good at starting things and not finishing them (i.e, this blog), I have decided to up my motivation and try again. So much has happened since August: Logan started (and is almost finished with) Kindergarten and can read like a champ, Dylan is walking and babbling, Kyle has started a new and wonderful job, and the biggest news.... we're buying our first home!

I have been following a few blogs regularly lately (my faves: my sister's blogiheartorganizing) and they have inspired me to start my blog again. Except this time, it'll have a purpose. I'm hoping to share not only the happenings of my life, but my pursuit of my first dream home. It's not what many would call a dream home, but it's perfect for us. I'll be posting about my projects around the new home, the many recipes I have found on Pinterest and other sites, and other things.

I guess more background about this mini-dream home of mine: We'll be moving about 90 minutes away from where we're at now (real estate was much cheaper there!) and out of a townhouse and into a single family home! Now that I think about it, Logan & Dylan have never lived in a single family home - it's been a duplex, with my parents for about 5 months during Kyle's transition out of the Army and into civilian life, in an apartment, and in this townhouse, where Dylan was born. Anyway - it's a short sale (see here for more info) and we're still awaiting final approval from the seller's 2nd lien holder bank so it's unfortunately not yet 100% a done deal. We did recently get approval from one of their banks, so we're "cautiously optimistic" as our realtor says! According to our realtor once the first lender says yes it's only a matter of time for the second one to approve! They don't always approve the short sale, though - but 98% of the time they do - so we're still keeping our fingers crossed! They want us to close at the end of June, so I'm getting anxious, especially since we first put in our offer on the house 5 long months ago! Maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself, but I'm excited and whether we get that particular house or not, I'll have the same ideas for another home. 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment