Friday, May 18, 2012

Day 18: The Meaning Behind My Blog Name


My boys.
The other 2 boys in my life.





















I won't lie. I'm not the most creative person in the world. Heck, I'm probably not the most creative person in my house. I'll give that title to my 6 year old.

My blog name, Just a girl... (and the 3 boys she lives with), means just that. I'm the only girl in a household full of boys.

Even my 2 dogs are boys. We have tried having a girl dog 3 times (!) but it never worked out.

  • The first time, someone brought a box of puppies into my work (I'm a veterinary technician) and I decided to take one home (they were dalmation/boxer mixes). We had her for 3 or 4 days then someone came into my work saying that someone had stolen their puppies from their house and asked if we've seen them. Being the honest person I am, I said that I had one and then I had to give her back. 
  • Try #2 - We had a golden retriever/lab mix named Madison (another one from work). We had her for about 6-7 months, then (and I hate this excuse, but I had to use it) I got pregnant with #1, Kyle got sent to Iraq, and I moved from Texas to Maryland to stay with my parents while pregnant and having a deployed husband. Since I already had the 2 smaller dogs, I just couldn't take Madison with me (my parents already had 3 dogs of their own!), so I found her a loving home with a coworker of mine.
  • And try #3 - A lady brought in the cutest little dachshund puppy to work (yep, another work dog) who had a broken leg. She couldn't afford to take care of the leg and the dog, so sadly she had to sign over her care. I love dachshunds and I couldn't bear to have this little dog euthanized over money, so I acquired her! She came home with me (after splinting her leg) and was with us for about 1 week. One night around Christmastime, she was in the (fenced in) backyard with my other 2 dogs. We went outside to bring them in, and she was gone! We lived on an army post, and our backyard was fenced with chain-link fencing so people could see what was in our yard. My guess hope is that someone saw this adorable little puppy and took her to give to their child for Christmas. I hope she has a happy home.


Wow, talk about going overboard! I could have answered with a simple sentence, but I thought I'd try to explain in depth, since I've tried not being the only girl.

Find cool new blogs and the meaning behind their names here!

Want to get into blog challenges? My sister is doing a "word of the day" challenge for June. Check it out!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I like your tenacity and you really did TRY to get another female in the house!

    ReplyDelete