Monday, June 4, 2012

Garage Cleaning

                           (What's the Word June? word of the day: bubbles)


We're getting started on our cleaning/organizing/packing checklist since our hopeful closing date is June 29, which is 25 short days away!


Yes, this is the after pic.
First up: The Garage. I wish we would have taken a "before" pic, but I didn't think about it until I was taking the "after" pic. It took about 4 or 5 hours, and thanks to wonderful neighbors and a long nap time, the kids were mostly occupied. About 3 hours in, Dylan woke up, so we kept him occupied with bubbles from the bubble machine (if you look closely, you can see it - it's blue and yellow - on top of the washer with the Eagles magnet on it) while we had most of our garage contents in our driveway and were organizing/packing it up. I'm actually very happy with our progress yesterday! Most of the stuff we could get into boxes was packed and placed at the back of the garage, while the bigger stuff is organized into categories. The stuff you see at the front is stuff we need to sell (anyone want a Keurig?) and some of the stuff belongs to our landlord.


What's next? The dreaded playroom.

2 comments:

  1. I hate moving. And I've never moved with kids (yet). I don't envy you right now. Sucks I'm not closer to help out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that does suck. We moved from Texas to MD, MD to VA, and an apartment to this townhouse with Logan, but somehow they all seemed much easier. The Army helped us with the first two, then when we moved from the apartment, the townhouse was only a mile away so we moved it little by little. This time, it's going to be a one time trip (hopefully) with two kids! I'm trying to tell myself that I can do this - but it's tough!

      Delete