Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Family, Fun, & Fireworks!

This weekend was filled with lots of fun things! We went to two cookouts, hung out with friends and family, and saw awesome fireworks! Saturday was a preparation day, with me making lots of pasta salad to bring to the cookouts (in addition to me working that morning-afternoon). 


Sunday was cookout #1. Logan had a blast at our friend's house - they set up an inflatable water slide because it was SO HOT out that day. Logan is definitely getting brave with water! I wish I had pictures, but our camera finally bit the dust that day, so now we're relying strictly on our iPhones to take pictures (BTW - can't wait until I can upgrade my iPhone to get a better camera, the 3g camera blows, but in the meantime if anyone would like to contribute to the Get Tiffany a New, Awesome Camera Fund, I'll gladly give you my PayPal address ;)). We did fireworks on the street after it got dark, and while Logan is brave with water, loud noises still scare him :( Somehow Dylan slept through the fireworks, but he would get his fair share the next day!


Monday, the official 4th of July was spent at Grandma & Grandpa's house for their annual 4th of July block party. We got to meet their great friends from CA for the first time (well, for me & the kids anyway but Kyle hasn't seen them in at least 10 years), hang out with the "Ferry Branch-ers", and play some ladderball and washers. For those of you who don't know what washers are, it's basically a redneck version of horseshoes, if horseshoes could get any more redneck. It was ANOTHER scorching day, so we set up a sprinkler for the kids to play in. Luckily, we had the only broken camera, so others got pictures and if I get some, I'll post them!


After the cookout at Grandma & Grandpa's, we met Mimi, Poppy, Lala, and Sunshine for fireworks! Logan covered his ears again and I covered Dylan's ears, but they both loved the fireworks! 


Happy Birthday, America! Thank you to all the men & women who have served, are currently serving, and will serve our great country in the future.



 

1 comment: