Wednesday, June 29, 2011

T-17 minutes!

ORS-1 Minotaur rocket from Wallops Island, Va.
(obviously a previous launch...)


So I've turned into a supernerd and found out that there is a military satellite rocket launch by NASA on the east coast of Virginia tonight, and we're supposed to be able to see it! The launch was originally set for 10:05pm, but due to some problems it's now for 11:09pm. I am trying my hardest to keep Logan awake because I think this is an awesome opportunity for him (and me, too!). 


To make me more of a supernerd, I follow NASA on Twitter (follow me @tiffany_lynne83) and I tweeted them and they replied! I'm such a geek that nobody has ever replied to me on twitter and so I'm super excited that they did.


11:21pm-edited to add that we didn't see anything :( I got my hopes up for nothing. Oh well. But now I have decided that I want a telescope! Guess I'd better add it to my wish list...

No comments:

Post a Comment